Hung Parole Project
Hung Parole Project is one of the many projects that is under Viet Love Mission care. Viet Love Mission is a non-profit organization that a few VPGT members have chartered. The organization consists of all volunteers; 100% of the donations received will get distributed to the various project needs.
- To provide support for Hung spiritually, and emotionally through his parole petition process
- To provide support for him in various ways to ease his integration back into society if his petition gets approved
DONATION PLEDGE FORM
Hưng Nguyễn was a member of VPGT in 1995. Many members may remembered him as “the pager” in an acting skit with Minh Trung, another member, at VPGT summer camp in 1995. Hung was arrested on a murder charge and was sentence to life with no possibility of parole. However, Hung was blessed enough that last year, the Governor pardoned and commuted his “no parole” sentence and reduced it to life with the “possibility of parole”.
Having served for almost 22 years with exemplary behavior and always striving for higher education, Hung is now scheduled for his Parole Hearing in November 2020.
At this time, Hung is in need of those whom have known him during his years in VPGT and many have continued to support him through prison visits, to pray for him, to help write and recommendations on his release back into the community. Your support can be financial, providing a temporary job, spiritual support, moral support, etc… Whatever support can be provided to help him.
November 10th, 2020
- VPGT members have begun praying the Rosary Prayer Chain for the intention of Hung’s release
October 7th, 2020
- Confirmed Hung’s hearing date will be on November 17th, 2020
- Received 21 pledges total up to $4,720 in addition to an offer of a used car
September 21, 2021
- Received 14 pledges total up to $2,920 in addition to job offer and room and board